MISCONCEPTION: There is a common misconception that the average Christian cannot effectively mentor another believer unless they are “spiritually gifted.” We don’t believe there is scriptural basis for that belief.
REALITY: Most Christians correctly believe that they should be available to the Lord to be a witness to the unsaved, even though there is not a “witnessing” gift. Likewise, there is not a “discipling” gift.
This misconception can be a convenient rationale to excuse the lack of discipleship, but it has no scriptural basis. Church leadership ought to convey to congregations that every Christian should be available to the Holy Spirit as a witness and a spiritual mentor.
DTI material is available for mobile devices
- Lessons from all three Phases
- Discussion on "Redefining Discipleship"
- Additional videos, resources and teaching embedded in the lessons, including Art Barkley, the author teaching live in Reno, NV (HINT: many mentors play these videos with mentees to stimulate conversation, in addition to using for their own preparation and training.)
- Ability to download and print a PDF at the bottom of each lesson
HOW TO GET THE APP:
- The DTI Apps are not available in any app store. To Download the APP click the links at the top of the page.
- For easy access, after opening the app, create a shortcut to your device's Home Screen. For assistance with these instructions:
- Click on the menu icon in the upper left corner
- Choose “App Tips” from the menu
- Follow the instructions either for an IOS or Android device
- Once a lesson is opened, the content will be “cached” and available when off-line. (without any internet or cell signal.) This will be especially important in remote areas where there is none or inconsistent internet access.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS:
Send us an
Share these links with others, especially the younger generations who use their mobile devices for most everything.
This 6-day devotional is designed to help all believers see life more from God's perspective. Click here to go to this devotional.
This 6-day devotional will explore underlying Biblical principles that can propel believers to make right choices. Click here to go to this devotional.
George Barna (of the Barna Group) in his book Maximum Faith: Live Like Jesus* details the results of a long-term research project, describing a ten-stop journey that produces robust life transformation and why most people struggle to pass the half-way mark. He observed that people are pretty random – not intentional – about their efforts to experience God-driven transformation. (Barna.com)
Watch the video below where Jeannette Meitz from DTI reviews the 10 Steps of Transformation to become more like Jesus, with excellent comments and insights.